Today’s photo challenge was to take a picture of our post office. Well, my post office isn’t very pretty as it’s at the back of a store called Shopper’s Drug Mart. I do have to say that everyone at the post office is extremely helpful and friendly and I love going there every day to hear about what’s been going on.
So instead of the post office I decided to take a photograph of what the Canada Post mailboxes look like and I thought it would be cute to use my son’s piggy bank.
Isn’t this miniature replica of the Canada Post mailbox cute?
Today’s photo challenge was “favourite”. The favourite thing I like about my home based creative business is the packages of silverware I receive. I love opening up the boxes and unwrapping all the goodies. It’s like Christmas! Then I sit and look at all the gorgeous patterns and decide what saying to put on each one. It’s so fun!
Join me tomorrow when I will be posting a photo for the theme “post office”. You can also follow some other great crafters photo journey by searching the hashtag #CTMonthInTheLife on Instagram.
I love unwrapping all my goodies and deciding what pattern will have what saying.
If you have been following my posts than you know the drill… today is day 11 and the photo challenge is “assistant”. For those of you seeing this for the first time here’s a bit of an explanation. I am participating in Create and Thrive’s Month in the Life photo challenge on Instagram and today’s theme is to show my assistant.
Well, here she is! Queen Elsa herself, aka Lana! This is my 5 year old daughter and she just loves to put the return address labels on the envelopes. So if someone sends you a gift from my shop and your label is crooked then you know who did it! :) My husband also assists me but unfortunately, he was at work today and not available for the photo shoot! He helps me with the “muscle” stuff like bending and flattening silverware. My son also helps a bit but he’s more interested in Star Wars and Mine Craft right now.
Join me tomorrow to see what I come up with for the theme “favourite”. Not sure it that means my favourite item in my shop or just something in general.
Also, be sure to search the hashtag #CTMonthInTheLife on Instagram to see photos of other creative businesses. See you tomorrow!
Queen Elsa, aka Lana, is helping me put return address labels on all of my envelopes.
Today’s photo challenge for Create and Thrive is “inspiration”.
I do not get my inspiration from just one thing rather, it’s from life in general and the world around us. Therefore, I decided to show a photo of the world… well, it’s actually my son’s globe but I think it works rather well.
Where do you get your inspiration from? I’d love to hear! And be sure to join me tomorrow either here or on Instagram by searching #CTMonthInTheLife to see what I come up with for “assistant”.
There are a lot of things in the world that has inspired me at one time or another.
Today’s Create and Thrive photo challenge on Instagram is “you”… meaning a photo of me!
This photo is a “selfie” taken of my daughter Lana and I at the park. I chose to include my daughter because she loves helping me. Her special job is putting the return address label on all of my packages. If you are lucky enough to receive a Dazzling Dezignz package with a crooked label then you know it was lovingly applied by a cute little 5 year old girl!
A few things about me:
1. I love my family, especially my 2 awesome children who, without them, my life would not be complete. They are my pride and joy and I can’t believe how fast they are growing! My son just celebrated his 8th birthday yesterday! I love and am very thankful for my husband who is very patient and understanding and without him, I would not be able to pursue this business of mine.
2. I love reading! I have to read every night before bed no matter what time it is! I have been doing this since I learned how to read (36ish years!) so it is such a part of my routine that if I don’t read even for a few minutes I cannot fall asleep because I am thinking about the book! Weird, I know!
3. I am obsessed with searching out beautiful new patterns of silverware for my keepsake business. It is so addictive that I have to stop myself because it can take up so much of my time that I wouldn’t get anything else done.
4. I love horses! I have loved them since I was a child and I always said I would own one some day. Well, that day hasn’t happened yet but I can still dream about it!
5. I overcame a HUGE life altering situation 11 years ago and although it was a blur I can now say that we are stronger than we think! So whatever obstacle in life you are facing be persistent, brave and courageous and you will come through!
So there you have it, a little peek into my life. Tomorrow’s photo challenge is “inspiration”. Please come back then or join me on Instagram by searching the hashtag #CTMonthInTheLife.
My beautiful daughter Lana and I enjoying Mommy and Me time at the park. Love her to bits and pieces! :)
Here is Day 8 for the Create and Thrive photo challenge on Instagram…. branding. I want my brand to be perceived as fresh, clean and elegant. What do you think? I’d love to hear some feedback.
Tomorrow’s challenge is “you”, so I guess that means a photo of me. Oh boy! I hope you will come back tomorrow or join me on Instagram by searching #CTMonthInTheLife.
Today’s Create and Thrive photo challenge is “packaging”. After I stamp the silverware, I polish it and tuck it into a little chocolate brown organza gift pouch. I then carefully wrap it in lime green tissue paper and finish if off with brown and green raffia and a little handwritten card with the maker, pattern and year of the piece. I then place it inside a kraft bubble envelope so it arrives safely to the customer.
Dazzling Dezignz’ lime green and chocolate brown packaging!
Tomorrow’s photo challenge is branding so be sure to join me either here or on Instagram by searching #CTMonthInTheLife. And why not join in on the fun? Search @createandthrive on Instagram to get the full details of this fun challenge.